Saturday, March 06, 2004

Do it....Do it....

Dad and I went to see Starsky & Hutch today. It's the first movie in about six months that I've really wanted to see. The theater was pretty full (most likely because it's opening weekend) but Dad and I managed to get pretty good seats. There happened to be two empty seats together that were right next to a couple of girls, and Dad says, "Here, you sit next to the girls." Ugh! It was so embarassing! Well, not embarassing, I guess, because they didn't hear him say it. But I'd really rather not use my dad to get girls. It actually was kind of annoying because I had to share my armrest...and I wanted to put my Skittles (the theater didn't have my Sour Patch Kids) in the cup holder but she had her drink there...sigh. (Yes, I know I'm anal...but I actually find my own complaints amusing...yeah...leave me alone...) The movie was actually really good. Not like "I just have to go see it again," but I might rent it when it comes out on video. Although I haven't rented a movie in months. Dad's on this kick where he wants to collect movies so whenever there's one we want to see we just go to Circuit City and buy it. And we buy like seven more with it that we never seem to get around to wacthing. (Dad's usually too tired when he gets home from the job site. But I'm sure he'll watch them someday. No, seriously.)

So Dad has decided that I need to help him build the house to pay for my trip to Europe. It actually isn't a bad idea because I do feel somewhat like a spoiled brat (no comments, please...) and I'm sure I'll feel better after I help him out some. (I did get the whole "your mother makes it too easy for you" speech, but I guess I'm mostly used to it.) I went out there about noon today with a pizza for him and his helper-man. (I call him a helper-man because I'm not really sure what exactly he does. Dad's used him for about five completely different tasks. You'd think that there'd be one guy who knows how to frame and another who knows how to put in the wood ceilings and another who knows how to drywall, but this guy seems to know everything about everything. Shows what I know.) So we ate the pizza and then Dad had me empty all the trash cans around the site into the dumpster. Then I swept all the gravel off of the street and picked up all the broken glass (which the clean-up crew had dropped when the picked up the remains of the last house) off of the driveway. Then he had me move all of his hardware from behind the dumpster into the main entrance because he wanted them "inside." (Yeah, there's no ceiling...but they're closer to where he's working now.) Hooray for almost stabbing my hand with nails that were coming out of the bottom of one of the boxes. The good news about all of this was that I brought my mp3 player with me so I could listen to something other than AM talk radio while I worked. And that was about all I did. It wasn't so bad, and I do feel better about going to Europe.

Hey, good news! Lucy called me last night! It was exciting too, because she's generally so busy that she doesn't have time to call me, and I'm so desper...cough...um...considerate that I usually end up calling her. I was at FNL when she called though (watching School of Rock, which was a very good movie, surprisingly enough). But I called her back today and we talked for an hour about this and that and the other. I really don't know what else to say about this because that's pretty much all it was. But hey, I was just thrilled about the whole thing.

I got rid of all the candy. NHS had a yearbook picture (at least, we were supposed to but the girl never showed up) and there were plenty of people there who wanted to sell more. A couple of them took five bags. So that whole drama is finished.

And that's all that's happened to me in the last couple of days. (Well, that was mostly from last night until now, but none of the other stuff was that exciting. School. Notecards. Whoo!) I have to get up for church in the morning, and I still have to make my bed after washing the sheets. So I'll get on that. G'night.

Josh

mood: optimistic
music: you know, I deliberately didn't turn the TV on so that I could play music so that I would have something interesting to write here, but I forget to open Winamp so I've been sitting here in silence writing this.
location: Dad's house


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?