Thursday, March 04, 2004

Does anyone want to buy any candy?

These entries are already getting harder to write. Ugh...I'm so lazy!! Oh well, here I am, writing another one. I've been going to bed later than I mean to lately, and I wake up in the morning and it's so hard to drag myself out of bed. I tend to roll around listening to Jeff & Jer for fifteen minutes before I finally manage to become conscious enough to realize that I'm fifteen minutes late. Sigh. But I haven't been late yet, which is good because Carp came up with a new system that deducts a point from our grades for every minute we're late. Great.

So does anyone out there want to buy and/or help me sell the rest of the NHS candy? I have eighteen bags left. If you don't know the story, here's the quick version: I polled the members at one of our meetings to see how many people would want to sell candy to raise money for charity. Everyone except for maybe two or three people wanted to sell two bags. So I went out and bought enough candy for that. Now only about half of the people have sold two bags. (Thank you, by the way, to my friends who have tried to sell as many bags as they can.) Long story short, I've had boxes of bags of candy in the coat closet at my dad's for the last two weeks. Good news today, though. I was talking to my physics teacher about my dilemma and she said that her club, sky-fi, would be happy to help me sell the remainder. They need a service project (for ASB), and they're thrilled that they can sell our candy rather than pick up trash along the street. It was so surprising, too, because they were so excited about the project. It was great, because I was getting rid of the candy like I've been trying to do for two weeks and I was also helping out another club. I feel so generous. But seriously, if any of you want a Snickers or some Sour Skittles, let me know.

I'm almost done with my English notecards. There's light at the end of the tunnel! English is definitely better than it was last semester. I really didn't like the books we were reading - Franny and Zooey and Man's Search for Meaning - and every day we had to go in and analyze the heck out of them. We're reading Hamlet now, and I know Shakespeare isn't the easiest to understand...but once we discuss what it means the plot is really very interesting. Murder, sex, mystery, witty insults....what more could you want? So hooray for liking my least favorite class a little more.

It rained this week. It never rains. I was on my way home from Staples and it started hailing. It was clear one minute and absolutely pouring the next. It was great. Of course, everyone had to slow down to about five miles per hour because the weather had deviated from the mostly sunny 68-74 degrees we're used to. But that's okay...rain kind of puts me at peace. When I got home I went up into my room and opened both windows as I did my homework. That's about as good as homework gets (which, granted, isn't so good...but the rain was nice, anyway).

Anywho, Omarosa just got fired by the Donald, which means it's getting later than I'd like to stay up tonight. So I think I best be off to bed. Good night.

Josh

mood: unsure
music: aint no music...be watchin' the Apprentice
location: Mom's house


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?