Sunday, September 26, 2004

I don't believe in ghosts. They believe in me.

I'd like to direct your attention to a new feature of Living the SLO Life: the ability to post comments! At the bottom of every entry, you'll see "posted by Josh : 12:10 AM" (or whatever the time of postage happens to be). Well, right next to that you'll find a link to the comments. If you click on that link, it will show you all of the comments that have been posted for that entry, along with another link that will allow you to post your own comments. That's right: you too can now be a part of the raging phenomenon that is Living the SLO Life.

So isn't that exciting? However, everything comes at a cost, and in this case it's the fact that because I spent a half an hour toying with the features of this online journal I have to restrict my entry tonight to only a brief summary of the day's events. But you were tired of my lengthy rambling anyway, weren't you?

I got up today between 9:30 and 10:00; I can't quite remember when. I showered and then went to see who was in the floor lounge. I ran into Danielle, who was doing her laundry, and that seemed like a good idea. So I crammed my dirty clothes, my sheets, and my towels into my handy collapsable hamper and it was off to the laundry room. After I got my stuff into the dryer it came to my attention that Ann and her roommate Claudia (from the third floor) were going to lunch, and, having not eaten, that sounded like an even better idea than laundry. So off we went, with a couple other guys whose names I haven't learned yet (I'm not so great with names) to the Light House. Light House is the all-you-can-eat buffet down in the University Union. It was quite exciting because they still had eggs and sausage even though it was lunch time. (I need to have breakfast food be the first thing I eat every day, regardless of the time I finally get out of bed.) I sure got my money's worth out of that buffet; I think I was hungry from playing so much racquetball yesterday. Anywho, we went back to the dorms where a group of people had decided to go to the beach. So that's what we did. (Now I know you're thinking, "But Josh, what about the clothes you had in the dryer?!" I had just enough time to get them and put them away, although I did have to run (and pay for) two cycles to dry them because the dryer decided to be wimpy. Oh well.) We spent a few hours at Pismo Beach, where I didn't go into the water (because it was freezing) but did get involved in a few games of beach volleyball. And I'm actually getting to the point where I can place my shots and not screw up every time. So hooray. After that we went back home to shower before dinner. Now, one of the guys who was hanging around with us all day, Andrew, had to fast until sundown for Yom Kippur. So because he was so hungry we decided to go to Fresh Choice, (another) all-you-can-eat buffet, reminiscent of Souplantation. They had a delicious ice cream bar, complete with both chocolate and caramel topping, and lots of crushed Oreos and shredded coconut. After dinner we came back home, where after some lengthy deliberation we decided to watch Gothika. (Jack, from downstairs, discovered that I don't like scary movies, so he's made it his project to have me watch every scary movie ever made. This commenced the project.) It really wasn't bad at all, mostly because it was in a dorm room and not a dark theater, and I had a seat in the back, furthest (farthest?) from the TV. This movie actually had somewhat of a plot, and some mystery to it. What I don't like are the horror movies where you see people brutally killed over and over again, without any real purpose or reason. At any rate, Jack can't say I've never seen a "really scary movie" anymore. So woo-hoo. And then we went to the main lobby to play pool and foosball. And now I'm journaling.

So because these notes have caught up to the present and because I am unable to predict the future, I must end this entry. But that's just as well because I have church tomorrow. And I'm tired.

By the way, the title of this entry is a choice line from Gothika. Halle Berry was trying to be serious, but we all had a good chuckle at that one.

All right. I'll see you all in the morning (figuratively, of course).

Josh

mood: tired and moderately homesick
music: none
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?