Saturday, September 25, 2004

It's all in the mix

I'm eating a Twix bar. Hence the title.

I'm telling you right now that this is going to be a short entry. And not like when I say I'm going to keep it short and then write a cohesive multi-paragraph essay complete with intro and conclusion, but actually short. After class today (7 hours of it...although my 3-hour physics lab only took 60 minutes) a few people from my residence hall tower went to play racquetball, so I went along. I played with them for an hour or so, and then Kevin called wondering where I was and when I told him he decided to come play too. So when he got to the rec center we played each other and it turned into a full-blown match. He won the first game, and I the second...so of course we had to play the tie breaker. And man, that game took forever. In racquetball, only the server can score points. So if the receiver wins a rally, he becomes the server, but no points are scored. So it's possible to switch servers over and over again without scoring any points. It was a game to 10, but I swear we must have played about 50 rallies. When it was all said and done, I had played for over two hours. By the end of that third game with Kevin, my head was starting to get all tingly and I had a little tunnel vision. Yeah, I'm not used to that much physical exercise. I'm good now, though...just extremely tired.

I'm up later than I ought to be, I realize. But I ran into Monica, who lives upstairs, and she had apparently had some sort of breakdown so we spent awhile talking about the adjustments we've had to make since we got to Cal Poly. That felt pretty good...I like to feel like I'm helping someone, like someone needs me, even if only for a short time. But after a little while the rest of the people from the floor (who had evidently been crammed in one room watching Blazing Saddles) came out, and we sat around the common room talking until the RAs came and kicked us out. And then I came here, and now I'm going to bed.

And that's it. Pretty short, at least when you compare it to what I've been writing the past few nights. But then again, that's the beauty of these blog things. I write however much I want, and you all read however much you all want. So if you are still reading, I hope you have a good weekend (Yay rehearse-a-thon!). And I'll talk to you tomorrow night.

Josh

mood: content
music: Kevin's viola music quietly in the background (he usually plays something quietly as he goes to sleep...it's actually quite soothing)
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?