Sunday, September 26, 2004

Salute Your Shorts

Did you ever watch that show on Nickelodeon? That was good stuff...

Anyway, just a quick summary of the day's events (because I'm sick of typing from my last entry a few hours ago). Kevin and I got up and rode our bikes to the Mission for mass. It was a very good sermon, guest speaker and all. We came back to the dorms and met up with Kristen and Danielle, and the four of us went to IHOP. That's one good thing about all of this cafeteria food: when you finally go someplace off campus and have something different, you really appreciate it. I had this french toast thing stuffed with strawberries and cream cheese, and I can't even begin to describe how delicious it was. Really, it was a symphony of flavor!

After breakfast, we went to Ralphs because it happened to be right across the street. I stocked up on the unperishables like oatmeal, granola bars, and hot chocolate mix. I also bought some fresh green beans. Salad bars are pretty much my only access to vegetables on campus, so I've been craving something more than that for a few days now. Nothing like raw greens to cure vegetable withdrawl.

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon on my math and physics homework. I finished it all and actually knew how to do every problem. That's not much of an accomplishment for math (we're doing polar coordinates, which I started at the end of my junior year) but I was shocked that I was able to do every physics problem. Generally I can do the easy ones but can get only part-way through the more difficult ones. But, with lots of head scratching and references back to the text for the needed equations, I conquered them all. (Yes, conquered. I realize I'm talking for a paragraph about my homework and I'm trying to spice it up.)

And after that it was a low key day. I just hung around the dorms and talked to people. This girl Kevin met at the ice cream social a couple of weeks ago, Katie, came up to our room and the three of us watched Airplane! (well, Katie and I watched it, Kevin was in the room working on a project for one of his classes). And I've had time to relax and not do much. Which is nice.

But tomorrow it's back to the grindstone. But hey, I'm done at 11:00. Maybe I'll call the people the music department recommended as piano teachers...

Hope you all have a good week this week.

Josh

mood: a little queasy...maybe it was that frozen chicken pot pie I had for dinner
music: The guy next door just installed his new sound system, with a huge sub. Great.
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?