Tuesday, October 12, 2004

The Common Room

Hello again. I realized there were a couple of things I meant to talk about that I didn't get to last night, so I figure I can write about them now in the few minutes I have before I go to calculus. The first thing is about this girl Kelly on my floor. She...how do I put this?...she likes to destroy things. For example, the little thing on the door to one of the stairways that keeps the door from slamming open and shut doesn't work, so if you put enough force into it you can slam the door against the cement wall. Kelly, for some reason, enjoys doing just that, over and over again. She's a little weird. (Dad, you met her. She was one of the girls in front of us in line when we checked into the dorm.) Anyway, yesterday there was a CD on the table in the common room and nobody could figure out who it belonged to. So Kelly decides that the solution to the problem is to put the CD in the microwave. Don't ask me why. So she puts it in there and turns the thing on, and of course it starts to produce blinding flashes of white light. What a surprise. The destroyed CD is now pinned to the bulletin board in the common room. If you ask me, Kelly is a little creepy.

The other thing is about this whole drama that has come up regarding this guy named Sky. Sky lives in Tower 6, but for whatever reason he always comes over to our tower and hangs out with us. I don't really know the guy, so I don't really care one way or the other if he's in our tower or not. But everyone else around here can't stand him; I'm not sure why. So they've been planning ways to get the message to Sky that he isn't wanted in Tower 2. You know, things like not letting him in when he knocks on the common room door (he doesn't have a key), not responding to him when he talks, or, simply, just telling him to get the heck out. I feel really bad for this guy. I'm sure there's some valid reason why he doesn't want to hang around his own tower, and he's just trying to make some new friends here. But everyone here is taking this "Tower 2 is the best" thing a little too far for my taste. I don't see why we can't let "an outsider" sit around our tower. And I sincerely believe Sky can't be as annoying as everyone says he is. So I don't know what the people around here are going to do to him, but I hope Sky does eventually find some friends who won't plot against him.

Anywho, I should probably get going...I wouldn't want to miss fun with infinite sequences and series! (All of you in Calc BC will know the joy of these pretty soon, I'm sure.) So, for now, I must cease to write. Talk to you tonight!

Josh

mood: excited to go to marching band today
music: there's some relaxation music or something being played outside
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?