Thursday, October 07, 2004

A Crash Course - Literally

I'm coming home for Homecoming. If this surprises you, see the preceding entry.

I had to learn an entire tune today in marching band. Everyone else knew it, and I didn't. That is, of course, what you would expect for joining in the middle of the season. The tune was "Jump in the Line." You may remember it from the Italy portion of Beyond the Sea. Anywho, you might be thinking that because of me the entire band had to go set by set so I could figure out what the heck I was supposed to do. But, alas, such was not the case. We just marched it, straight through. It was pretty hilarious. (I seem to be using that word frequently to describe marching band. See how fun it is? Good decision to join.) I was holding the drill up in front of me as I marched along, fumbling to turn the pages and trying figure out where I was supposed to be going and when I was supposed to be getting there. At one point, I marched past this one trombonist, and he exclaimed, "Oh crap! There's a person there now!" It was great. It turns out that I'm marching a tuba hole (I start out surrounded by the sousas), and this particular hole has an exceptionally easy spot to march. The entire band forms these three triangles, and I happen to be in the center of the center triangle. So I march up and back along the 50. Yes, I know, my learning the show in a run-through isn't much of an accomplishment, but it was something I'd never done before. And, again, it was hilarious. And fun. So there you go.

I watched The Apprentice tonight, and the task was to go on QVC live and sell a product. Now, for those of you who have never been over to my mom's and therefore don't know what QVC is, it's a home shopping network on TV (but better, in my humble opinion). It was so much fun to watch, because I knew Mom was at home watching too, just as excited as I was. We both watch Apprentice every week (everybody gets one horrible reality show to watch; this is ours) and every week I call her afterwards so we can discuss it. But this week was extra good because it was QVC and Mom loves QVC. So that was fun, too.

And you know what else is fun? Sleeping. So that's what I'm going to go do now.

Josh

PS - sleeping and napping, but not waking early

mood: slightly annoyed, but my day has been good so I'm still happy
music: Kevin's classical scat (people sing the classics...)
location: a darkened dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?