Wednesday, October 06, 2004

No Lost Socks

I did my laundry today. (I know you're thinking that if I'm leading with a story about laundry that this entry can't be very exciting. But really, in truth...no, it's not very exciting.) It was nice. I held out cleaning everything so I could do it on a weekday morning when everyone else would be either in class or asleep. And my plan worked perfectly! Perfectly, except for one flaw: the dryers didn't dry my clothes all the way through. Two loads with sixty-minute cycles each, and my clothes were damp. And yes, I cleaned the lint traps. So my room today was strewn with random shorts, shirts, and boxers, all laid out so that they could rid themselves of their moisture before I folded them away. But all is back in order now.

I had the best sandwich today! It was from the Sandwich Factory, which I think has become my favorite food establishment on campus. My sandwich was good for three reasons: one, I was exceptionally hungry. Two, I discovered that every sandwich includes a free bag of chips, a fact that earlier had escaped me. And, finally, my sandwich was a roast beef and swiss on wheat with lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard, and mayo, and it doesn't get much better than that, baby. Oh, and I tried Hostess Sno Balls for the first time. They're like those Hostess cupcakes except coated in marshmallow and coconut. I'd never had them before but I do enjoy my marshmallow and coconut so I figured I'd give them a go. They weren't that good, and it cost me about 60% of my recommended daily saturated fat limit. But what would you expect from Hostess?

I had wind orchestra tonight, which went fine. "Fanfare for the Common Man" sounded a whole lot better, in part because we had practiced it and in part because some of the people who couldn't play it sat it out. (I sat it out. I've been busy trying to memorize the three tunes that I'm supposed to know by tomorrow for marching band.) Aside from that, the only thing that came up was that the wind ensemble is going to Europe in 2006. They had us fill out a survey asking whether we thought we were going to go or not. I just went on a musical Europe tour! And how am I supposed to know whether I'm going to be able to go in 2006? I don't even know if I'm going to be doing wind ensemble then! But, hey, it is only $1600 for three weeks (we fundraise a lot), so maybe it's not such a bad deal after all.

Anywho, I really need to go to bed because I've been getting into the habit of staying up until midnight and getting up at quarter to seven. Not good times. So I'm off.

Josh

PS - Will but not Grace

mood: antsy...I feel a little cooped up in this room
music: the ringing silence (about as silent as it gets in the dorms)
location: duh, the dorms


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?