Sunday, October 24, 2004

On the Road Again

Well, I'm back. The drive coming back seemed longer than the ride going home, probably due to the fact that I'm going back to school rather than on a break. That, and the fact that we did hit some traffic trying to merge on the 101 from the 405. There was some huge accident on southbound 101 that blocked three lanes, so all the cars trying to merge onto the 101 were backed up onto the 405. We lost twenty or thirty minutes...but I'm home now, so it's just water under the bridge. All in all it was a six-hour trip, including the stops to pick up passengers and to eat dinner. And you know what? My trip home was worth every second of driving. I didn't write last night because I didn't get home until 2:30, so I'll go ahead and give you a summary of Saturday's events:

I got up and went to the Original Pancake House with Dad. That restaurant and P.F. Chang's are the only two places I really miss in SLO; sadly I never did get a chance to visit the latter. Oh well...some other time. After that I met Stacie and Jenna at Jenna's house for a trip down to Balboa Park. Both Stacie and I were in the mood for something San Diegan, and Balboa Park seemed just the place. Plus, the weather was beautiful. I got lots of pictures...here are a few of my favorites (click to enlarge):




From Balboa Park the three of us went back to Jenna's house, but not before dropping by the CMR Cold Stone Creamery for a dose of much-needed ice cream. (We had been searching for it downtown but we couldn't find any.) I had mud pie. I knew I should have ordered a small but I decided to go for the next size up, and thus I ruined my dinner. Hooray. Oh well, I was on vacation.

From there I went over to Alena's house. She was my homecoming date, except that neither of us wanted to go to the dance. So we stayed home, and that was fun. We played Apples to Apples with her family, and we sat around and talked for a few hours. And I had a delicious home-cooked meal. I haven't had many of those lately, so that was one of the highlights of my trip. Have I mentioned that I really don't like VG's?

After the homecoming dance ended a bunch of people went over to Emily's to watch Moulin Rouge, so Alena and I headed over there. And then I went home to get some much-needed sleep. I had originally planned to drive home to Ramona that night, but I was so tired I elected to take the five-minute route to my bed at Mom's. I'm sure Dad understood...I need to not be driving up highway 67 when I'm that tired.

This morning I woke up, showered, and went to breakfast at Denny's with Lauren. Hooray for $4.99 fruit-filled pancake breakfasts! I then went up to Ramona (dropping Les's trumpet back off at his house on the way) to spend the rest of my time with Dad, whom I hadn't seen much of since I got home. Then I had a nap so I could drive safely home.

On the way home we stopped in Ventura for dinner at Chipotle. Have you ever heard of it? It's this modern fast-food Mexican place, and it's very good. We stopped there on the way down to San Diego, and we liked it so much that we stopped there on the way back, too. Jake and Danny are both quite fond of it, and I guess now I am too. So if any of you ever have a chance to eat at one of these, I suggest you take it.

Okay, we'll I'm exceptionally tired, and my bed is looking really comfortable right now. So I'm going to go sleep now. But I had a very good time in San Diego; I hope I can continue to stay in touch with you all.

Four weeks until I come home again! (Unless we have to go to an NCAA playoff game...Cal Poly's 7-0 now...)

Cheers,
Josh

mood: no mood...just tired
music: Ralph Vaughan Williams -"The Wasps Overture" (played by RB High! We sound magnificent on last year's CD, which I obtained this weekend)
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?