Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Precipitation

It's still raining around here. I've had to put on a new pair of pants and a new pair of socks every time I've gone outside. I can certainly see how rain can become pretty inconvenient if it happens often enough or long enough. Oh well, I still think it's peaceful...at least, when I'm not in the middle of it. The weather here is clearly a lot more unpredictable than San Diego's is. It was really hot last week, and now it's cold and rainy. Hey, it's more interesting, right?

Marching band was cancelled today, obviously, because of the rain. Instead, we stayed inside and played for a little over an hour, practicing all of the different songs we have. We have quite a few, and some of them are pretty cool. And most of them have little dance moves that go with them, so I was having fun learning those.

After band the usuals and I went up to Dave's room and watched Dodgeball, which I hadn't seen. We only got halfway through it before we decided to go to dinner at VG Cafe. Man, I am so sick of VG Cafe. I'm cool with all of the other campus dining places, but VG's is bad. And we go there all the time. UGH!

After dinner I had to go meet the group I'm in for music theory. We didn't do much other than agree to bring makeshift instruments to our meeting next week. (Did I tell you about this project? We have to compose a musical piece that's at least two and a half minutes long and that has six parts, but we have to create our own instruments.) One of the group members brought us cake, though. Hoo-ray.

By the time I got back from that everyone had finished Dodgeball. I just caught the end of it. It seems to be an interesting movie...more or less. After that we sat around and talked for a while. A lot of these people seem pretty preoccupied with sex; I'll spare you all of the details. But long story short I was getting pretty uncomfortable. I left a few minutes after they started watching South Park. People in college are fairly open to the whole sex thing...guys like to rate girls on a scale of one to ten, girls like to flash people randomly, etc. I miss all of my friends at home. Where are those kinds of people here?! Two of the people I've met in band - Ben and Courtney - seem to have a lot in common with me. Hopefully I can get to know them better...still not sure, though.

Anyway, nothing else of any interest happened today. Time goes by pretty quickly around here. I can't believe we're this far into October. I'm halfway through the quarter already!

I'm having a bit of writer's block right now. You wouldn't believe how long this entry has taken me to write. As a result, this entry has no good conclusion.

Josh

mood: homesick
music: none
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?