Saturday, October 02, 2004

Pride of the Pacific

Our WOW group went to Firestone Grill (off campus) for dinner. I had a cajun sausage sandwich, and it was delicious. It was fun because the Giants/Dodgers game was on, and we were watching when the Dodgers came back from losing 3 to 0 in the bottom of the 9th. They ended it with a grand slam, giving them their first division title in nine years and sending them to the playoffs. I'm not a Dodgers fan, but it was great to watch. And can't you just imagine Mr. Horimoto's delight at that 7-run rally?

After that we went to our first home football game. (Actually, the second, but the first took place before any of us were here at Poly.) We played the South Dakota State, and they weren't that good. But then, neither were we. There were fumbles and interceptions all over the place. But we scored two touchdowns, and one of them was a kickoff return from the 5 yardline. So that was exciting. We won 14-7. Go Mustangs!! The band's halftime show was pretty good, considering their size. Their lines weren't as straight as I would expect RB's to be, but then the Pride of the Pacific learns a new show for every game. So what would you expect? It was fun all the same. Most people in the crowd didn't seem to care too much about the band, though. I screamed for them, of course, and most people around me glared at me. And you know what? I wasn't really concerned with what a random bunch of strangers thought of me. GO BAND!! So, yeah, the football game was a lot of fun. (I can't even imagine what a football game with a couple of really good teams would be like...like Michigan versus Ohio or something...I need to go to one of those someday.)

I'm tired of typing so just one last thing before I go: I joined the marching band. Are any of you really surprised by this? I thought not. Monday is the last day to add a class so I'm still able to join. I'll be a little behind everyone but it should be fine because I have previous marching band experience. My first rehearsal is Tuesday...I'm pretty nervous about it because I won't know anything and everyone else will. But I'm sure I'll adjust. I can't even tell you how excited I am for this. I was watching the band tonight at the game (no, really?) and they all looked like they were having a lot of fun. So whoo!

I've spent way too much time typing today, so that's all folks.

Josh

PS- football, baseball, basketball, racquetball, tennis, soccer, and lacrosse, but not badminton

mood: excited
music: "The Cowboys Overture" by John Williams
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?