Sunday, October 03, 2004

Sophie's Choice

It's already pretty late and I have 8:00 class tomorrow, so I need to keep this short.

A few people on the floor decided that it would be fun to all get up this morning and go to the Apple Farm Bed & Breakfast for breakfast at 10:30, so that's what the plan has been for a few days now. I normally go to the mission for mass at 10:30, but I got up for the earlier 9:00 mass so that I would be home in time to go with them. I got back by 10:20, and no one was awake. I later found out that they all stayed up so late last night that they knew no one was going to want to go in the morning, so they abandoned the plan. I was asleep by the time that decision was made, so I had no way of knowing. It was annoying, but I can't really blame them for it. I would have done the same thing. But by the time I got back from the mission Kevin was up (he decided not to go with me to mass this week), so we went to the Vista Grande Restaurant on campus for brunch. All glory told it was about $14, but I used my meal plan plus dollars, which I have plenty of, so it really was a good deal. And man, that food was good. They had made-to-order omelettes, croissants, bacon, sausage, made-to-order eggs, salmon, a variety of breakfast breads, and - my personal favorite - eggs benedict. It was all so good! And it was all-you-can-eat! So, yeah, the whole thing turned out all right in the end.

Aside from that not much happened today. I did my math and physics homework for a couple of hours, and I spent a lot of time on the phone today talking to various people, mainly my mom and dad. (My grandma from Wisconsin called me today, unexpectedly. I was sitting in the common room when it happened. My phone, which plays the theme from the Muppet Show when it rings, got everyone's attention, so they were listening to the conversation. And when I said "Hi Grandma" they all burst out laughing. It was hilarious. So after my short phone conversation with Grandma, I came back into the common room and people were asking me about her. So I told them how awesome she is, which is completely true. "My grandma plays Super Mario Kart and rides rollercoasters." A random story, I know, but interesting nonetheless.

Did I ever tell any of you that the RA for this tower is Katie Knoll, who went to RB and graduated in 2001? She played flute in the band, which means that all of my 2004 buddies marched in the Aaron Copland show with her. She's cool. Hooray for coincidences! Anyway, she threw a tower 2 dinner at the Light House (the all-you-can-eat buffet on campus). So that was fun.

And that was it for today. But I have one more thing I need to say here that probably isn't going to make you all happy. If you read my entry yesterday you know that I've joined the Cal Poly marching band, and that I'm very excited about this. But it turns out that the band's schedule is such that I have something going on every weekend until Thanksgiving. So that means two things: no coming home for homecoming and no driving to Arcadia for the tournament of bands. I'm sincerely sorry that I won't be able to join all of my friends for these two events that I've been looking forward to for so long. I actually was going to not join the band (I'm not actually committed yet, though I will be tomorrow) just so I could come home on those two weekends. It was a very difficult choice. But what would you do? The marching band always looks like they're having so much fun, and I want to be a part of that. And if you've been following Living the SLO Life at all you'd know that I'm still looking for the friends that can mean as much to me as you all do. And I think band might be the place to find them. So I know you'll understand why I'm still going to join the Mustang Band. I hate it more than you guys do, but I know this is the right choice. And I'm still very excited about renewing my bando membership. I'll be with you guys in spirit, though, if that's not too corny.

Okay, I've got to go because Kevin has gone to bed and I don't want to keep him up. So good night room, good night moon, good night cow jumping over the moon.

Josh

PS - cheese but no crackers (Is anyone playing this game anymore? It's fun for me to come up with examples...)

mood: confident that I'm doing the right thing
music: Kevin's smooth jazz playing faintly, and Family Guy that's being played in one of the neighboring rooms
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?