Thursday, October 14, 2004

Viking Drill

Today in my EE lab we had to build an electric motor out of a battery, a magnet, and some wire. I did this last year so I already knew how it worked, and my goal today was therefore to build the motor and get the data we needed as fast as possible so I could get some free time. Unfortunately, Dr. Gerfen decided that the team that built the fastest motor would get five extra-credit points. Now, I personally don't need any extra credit, but my lab partner decided that he did. So, long story short, we were there tweaking our motor for over two hours. Sigh.

I had marching band rehearsal again today. We have our homecoming game on Saturday, and we're still learning drill. I'm not too worried, though. We did two run-throughs of the show and we at least know when to stop and when to go and in what general direction we're supposed to march, so I'm sure we won't fall apart at the game. Not completely, anyway. It'll be fun.

After the rehearsal I was fitted for a uniform, so now I have one of those. I get to keep it in my room! The people on my floor wanted me to model it for them, so I put it on. They were all very amused...but hey, it's cool. Our uniforms are cool, but I like RB's better. Although, these come with one of those cape things that hangs off of one shoulder.

After that me and the gang went to Back Stage Pizza for dinner. Woot.

At 8 a bunch of people from the band frat met at the band room to play Sardines. It's like hide and seek, but kind of in reverse. You split up into pairs, then one of the pairs goes to hide. The other pairs walk around and try to find them, and when they do they hide with them in the same place, so by the end of the game you're all crammed in there, hence the name Sardines. The first people who find them are the ones who get to go hide in the next game, and in the first game, that was us! So we hid up on a hill in some bushes. Hooray for that. Midway through the game I gave Jen a piggyback ride, but we were out of balance so we toppled over, and I totally ate it on the concrete. My knees are bleeding a little now, but they don't hurt so much anymore...I'm sure the age at which I can't go up and down stairs has decreased by a year or two...

Oh, and I have some bad news. The Mustangs are 5-0 in football, and we're ranked 8th in the division. If we go to the NCAA playoffs, the band has to go. Not necessarily because the band wants to go, but because it's NCAA regulations. The good news is that because they make us go, they pay for us to go. But the bad news is that the playoff game is Thanksgiving weekend. I don't know if I'll come home on Wednesday and come back here Friday or if I'll just stay here for that week...but if the Mustangs continue to do well then I'm not going to have a whole lot of options. Stacie, go and tell the Davis team that they need to kick our butts. I miss being at home.

All right, well I've had an exceptionally busy day (band will do that to you), so I'm going to go to bed. I'll see you all in a week.

Josh

mood: tired and bruised a little
music: some weird Indian music or something that's coming in through our window
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?