Monday, October 25, 2004

Weapons of Math Destruction

I got my calculus midterm back today. Perfect 100. Only one in the class. What's that Stanford? Oh, that's right. You can eat my shorts. I'll stop this paragraph before I jinx it.

I also received my poly progress audit, which is this thingy that the school emails me every quarter showing which requirements I've met for my degree, and which requirements I still need to complete. Apparently, after I complete my classes for this quarter, I will have achieved sophomore standing. Woot! That doesn't really get me anything, but it sounds nifty! That's my academic news for the day.

Aside from that, this day was pretty much par for Mondays around here. I do have a couple of things I forgot to bring up yesterday, though, so I'll go ahead and talk about those.

Yesterday, when I got to Orange County to pick up Danny, Jake, and Ashley, they were waiting for me in Jake's driveway. In no time at all we had crammed all of our luggage in my trunk. We were getting ready to go when Ashley produced a "person-sized" (according to Danny) bag of groceries from her boyfriend's car, and asked where she could put them in my car. I didn't know what exactly to say...I thought it must be a joke or something. But she was serious! We all knew how tiny my car is; we spent five hours in it on the way down. But Ashley wanted to bring her groceries. And do you know why she wanted to shop at home instead of buying her groceries in SLO, which she very well could have done? She didn't want to ride the bus to Albertson's. Sigh. So we put her person-sized bag in the backseat with her and Danny. On a side note, Ashley is the only one who has not yet paid me for gas...

So do you all want to know what goes on in this dorm on the weekends? Here's the story as I understand it: Two of the girls from my floor went to a party on Saturday and brought home to drunk guys with them. These two girls then decide that they don't want the guys around so the girls go and hide from them. You know, the mature thing to do. The guys, drunk as they were, became seething angry and started yelling and punching things. Somehow someone managed to lock them out of the second floor and into the stairwell. While they were in there, they broke the glass to the fire hose case just outside the door to the common room. And now we have a damage charge. Supposedly we won't have to pay it because we know who the two guys are...still, though, the whole situation could have been avoided if people were a little more mature. Or sober. But then that's a lot to ask of most of the people around here.

And that's the rest of what happened yesterday. One more spot of good news for today: I took my faulty laundry card to the front desk, and they had me send it back to the laundry card company. Evidently they know how to figure out how much money I had put on the card and they'll send me a refund, which I'll probably receive in six to eight weeks. In the meantime I have a new card, so I can still do laundry. Hooray for clean socks.

All right...it's not too late at night right now but I think I'm going to sign off anyway. I'm going to get up slightly earlier than usual to go to my physics professor's office hour. I need to catch up on what I missed on Friday. (On a lighter note, I'm pretty sure that we resumed intro to music theory right where we left off on Wednesday...I swear we don't do anything in that class...) So good night for now.

Cheers,
Josh

PS- How many Americans does it take to screw in a lightbulb? THAT'S NOT FUNNY!! WE'RE SUING!!

mood: not really any specific mood, but pretty good, I suppose
music: none
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?