Monday, November 15, 2004

EE 112-03

The title from yesterday's entry is from Joanna's awesome CD. On it is a cover of "Mr. Sandman," and one of the lines from it is "lots of wavy hair like Pat the Wolf Man." The first time I heard this - and Joanna and Stacie can attest to this - I thought the line was "and lots of wavy hair like Pat Buchanan." And there you have it.

I was pretty tired through class this morning, partially because I stayed up past midnight writing and partly because Kevin came home from working with his architecture friends at 3:30 this morning and stayed up until 4:45 printing things from his desk, with the light on. Sigh. But maybe I'm getting used to not sleeping as much as I used to, because I haven't really been that tired today. So hooray.

Classes are going pretty well, I guess. I've fully recovered from my boredom in physics that hit a couple of weeks ago. We've finished with light and moved to fluids...you know, pressure and buoyancy and whatnot. In music theory, we're moving on up from intervals to...ready for this?...chords! That's right, combinations of intervals. I'm going to have to start studying harder. And in calculus we've finally come to material I haven't seen before. A lot of it has to do with mechanical physics (from junior year), and it's neat to see it from more of a mathematical standpoint. Yay classes!

Speaking of classes, I told you all last week that I had registered for next quarter. I can't remember whether or not I told you they came up with this new system that only allows you to register for 14 units until everyone has had a chance to enroll in some classes. So there's one class I couldn't add to my schedule even though it was open when I registered, and now it's just about full. Stupid registration system. So maybe I'll get it through crashing it, and maybe I'll take 18 units next quarter (which is actually doable, since 8 of them would be math anyway). There are still two spots left in the class...maybe they'll still be there on Friday...

At any rate, I spent the rest of the day doing homework and practicing piano. Oh, and I had my debut as second-chair trumpet tonight in windO. My music is playable, except for the ending of "Ride." What composer writes an F on the top of the staff for a trumpet to hold out for sixteen measures before he has to hit and hold a high C for another two, with a ritard? Honestly...but hopefully it'll force me to improve musically. We'll see...

Other than that there's not much to report. I did get a letter from Stacie today...thanks Stacie! You're the best! Okay...that's all for now. Good night!

Cheers,
Josh

mood: neutral
music: no music, but Friends is playing on my desktop
location: dorm

PS - this quote from Family Guy made me laugh today:

"Lois, go get the medical dictionary and look up 'fork' and 'lung.'"
"But why would--"
"Time's a factor, Lois."


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?