Thursday, November 11, 2004

"Gubernatorial" is just about the most ridiculous word in the English language.

Happy Veterans' Day. I hope you all enjoyed some time off; I certainly did. Today was kind of a catch-up day for me. Details:

I woke up at around ten this morning and ran down to the gym, knowing full well that it might be closed. (It was for this reason that I found it easier than most days to force myself to go down there.) I jogged down there as I normally do (you know, to get the blood moving and whatnot), and when I got there I discovered that it wouldn't open until noon. Golly gee darn. The fact that I'd have to wait for two hours to go pump iron was sufficient enough reason for me to ditch the gym completely today, so that's what I did. And you know what? I don't really feel all that bad about it. I mean, I did jog all the way down there, and I walked all the way back up. That's good enough for me. I will say, though, that after having gone on Tuesday I do feel better physically, so I'm going to have to start being a little bit less lazy in the future. Eventually.

I came back and showered and was about to go and get breakfast when Courtney called and asked if I wanted to do something for breakfast. She had a sectional, so we all ended up going for lunch at 1:30. I had a bowl of cereal to carry me over. In the meantime I read a couple more chapters of my California government book. A couple highlights:

"The revised 2002-2003 Governor's General Fund budget was based upon revenues of $79,158 billion for a total budget of $98,888 billion."

"The elected officials that make up the plural executive branch of California government are the governor, the lieutenant governor, the attorney general, the secretary of state, controller, treasurer, the insurance commissioner, the superintendent of public instruction, the treasurer, the controller, and the board of equalization."

Yes, I quoted these verbatim. Hooray for California government and textbooks about it. It's not too bad, though. I understand what they're trying to say, but, as I was telling Joanna not too long ago, this book seems like something a high school class would write as a class project. All the information is mostly there but it's full of type-os and improper grammar. Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it now. At least I have a lot of it behind me; I read about two-thirds of it in the last two days.

So for lunch I met the gang at Light House, where we decided to go to Back Stage Pizza. Later for dinner, we came back to Light House. In between there was homework and a two-hour game of Taboo with the people in my dorm tower. (We played to 100. My personal favorite clues were singing "Jungle Boogie" to get "Jungle," and guessing "Thomas Edison" from the hint "He had the first idea...")

I spent a couple of hours this evening watching Joey, Will & Grace, and The Apprentice. It's awfully hard to sit for two hours just watching TV, but I'll do anything to watch my Apprentice. It's soooo good!

All right, I have lots of class tomorrow and not much time for a nap, so I'd better get to bed or tomorrow will be miserable. I do have a pep band basketball game tomorrow night; I'm so excited! I love pep band! But yeah, I'm going to bed.

Cheers,
Josh

mood: ready to go back to school...I feel so unproductive, even though I spent a lot of the day doing homework
music: again, whatever it is that Kevin's playing
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?