Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I'm not a medic. I'm Swiss.

I'm tired, and I don't feel like writing all that much tonight. This, however, works out for the better because I don't really have all that much to report. But I'll start from the beginning...

I slept in until a little before 8, getting up in time to go to the gym. I picked up a smoothie on the way back to the dorms. When I arrived at my room, the bathroom was being cleaned; I lost five or ten minutes waiting for a chance to take a shower. But I was dressed and ready to go just in time to make it to calculus on time.

Calculus was short and sweet. I say it was sweet mostly because it was so short. I love Tuesdays...there's not much that's more satisfying than having only one hour of class.

I came home and spent some time studying for my EE lecture final on Friday. Kevin left for class at noon and I seized the opportunity to take a short nap (I do enjoy my daily naps). Upon waking up I filled up on Cheezits in lieu of going to get lunch. And I wonder why I've gained weight since I've been here.

MB rehearsal was only an hour long; all we did was sit inside and play somewhere in the neighborhood of five tunes. I was out of there by 4.

Back at the dorms, I didn't feel much like homework, so I spent a good hour playing the original Sonic the Hedgehog, which I have for my Gamecube. It's always fun to play the oldies every once in a while; I remember coming home every day in elementary school to do battle with the evil Dr. Robotnik. The sounds of Sonic emanating from my room enticed about five or six people to come in and watch, and they soon were screaming with pleasure or horror, depending on whether I was playing well or not. The party ended in my room and was relocated to another when Duck Hunt was discovered elsewhere on the floor.

Later, I decided to call Rosalie to see if she wanted to go to dinner with me. I was fairly nervous about it; I've never called someone about whom I know so little. But she said yes, and at 6 she, her roommate, and I were off to the Light House. (In my defense, I did offer to drive the three of us to some restaurant off campus, but Rosalie has a final tomorrow so she suggested that we do that at some later time this week. But I do realize that Light House isn't really the place you want to go when you want to impress someone.) Dinner was great (the conversation, not the food), although I took very much longer to eat than either of them did, partly because I ate more and partly because I tend to talk more than I tend to eat. But they both insisted that they were enjoying themselves, so we remained there until I finished. It was all very exciting, too, because - not to blow my own horn too much - I was frickin' hilarious. I was crackin' wise all over the place. Woot.

After Light House we walked across the UU to get ice cream at Julian's Coffee Shop. They serve Dreyer's, and it's very good. We stood in the UU eating our dessert and talking until our supply of ice cream was exhausted, and then we walked back to Yosemite. And so it ended.

Somewhere in that whole process we discovered that all three of us go to the mission for mass on Sundays, so I'm pretty sure we're going to try to all go together this week. I'm glad to finally have someone to go with...

Anywho, I came home and did an entire chapter's worth of questions for physics. I've got to catch up, you know. That occupied my time until Courtney called to inquire about my "date." I talked to her about it for twenty minutes or so...we had a few good laughs about the whole thing. I quite like Courtney and Ben...

And then I managed to bring my blog up to the present time, removing the need for me to write anymore. So good night...enjoy the rest of your week...I'll see you all in ten days or so.

Cheers,
Josh

mood: good
music: Poets and Angels again
location: dorm

Family Guy Quote-of-the-Day
Peter: "I saw you in the coffee shop, breaking the fifth commandment. Congress passes these things for a reason, Lois."


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?