Tuesday, November 02, 2004

A Little off the Top

I slept in today - such bliss! Then I was off to calculus (we're getting into some stuff I haven't seen before). From there I got a haircut at an actual salon place. I'm used to Supercuts where you just walk in and get your ears lowered, but this was one of those places that requires an actual appointment. Whoops. But I got lucky and they happened to have a spot open a few minutes after I arrived. (I would have had to wait longer but I could not for the life of me figure out where I was supposed to turn in to park my car. I could see the "Designer Cuts" sign from the main road, but there wasn't a driveway near it. What's that about? It took me three tries before I finally found the parking lot, which was tucked away around back.) Anywho, my hair is (thankfully) much shorter now, and it only cost me $10. Hooray for $10 Tuesdays.

I then drove downtown to pick up the pictures I had developed to send to Mrs. Evans. (Mrs. Evans was my 7th grade teacher. In her class I built a model of the White Tower in London, so I've been meaning to send her the picture of Renee and me in front of it so she'd know I'd seen the real thing.) I got ten pictures returned to me, but unfortunately none of them was the one in front of the White Tower. I apparently forgot to have that one printed...I'll write to you tomorrow about my trip back to Long's.

I had marching band rehearsal today, and it was interesting to say the least. The next show we're doing consists of "Soul Man," "In a Young Man's Mind," and "I'm a Man." Do you see any themes there? We learned the drill for "Soul Man" today. What formations do we march, you ask? We make the male symbol, we spell out "XY," and we make a sperm. That's right, a sperm. We also make a couple of other formations that aren't anything specific but that I'm pretty sure are supposed to suggest something sexual. I suppose it's kind of funny, but I think it's more in bad taste than anything...

After rehearsal I had dinner at the Avenue with Nate and Margaret, who both march in band. Nate had just broken up with Jen, and he seemed only mildly upset about it. (If you'll recall, Nate and Jen are the ones who started dating the night they met.) I didn't know beforehand, but evidently Nate and Margaret are pretty good friends, so I was kind of left out of most of the conversations. Yay awkwardness.

Later I met with my music theory group and we went to Home Depot to get our instruments. Final decisions: three flower pots, a brush, a cardboard box, wine glasses, and a bottle. They actually sound good together - at least as good as a bunch of random stuff from Home Depot can sound together. I actually tried to compose a piece using them, but I didn't get very far. I don't know if I want to take charge and write something or if I want to let someone else do it. If I choose the latter, it's very possible that nothing will ever get done. We only have a few weeks left to write and practice the piece before we perform it...

I came home afterwards and followed the election for a little while until Kevin brought his architecture friend Sarah up to the room. The three of us talked for a little while, although it was hard to include myself in their architecture conversations at times. Sarah seemed nice, though.

Anywho, I think I'll wrap this up right about now. Not much else happened anyway...

Cheers,
Josh

mood: a little frustrated/annoyed
music: election coverage
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?