Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Not much happened today. Class, laundry, homework, windO, boredom. I don't mind these days when I don't have much to do; it's actually quite refreshing. But I don't have much to write about, nor do I feel much like writing about anything.

I do, however, have a couple of quotes from Dr. Barata (music theory) that I'd like to share because they amused me:

"Out in the desert there are no sidewalks...there are gila monsters."

"Mr. fifth gets left behind; he's the canoe."

Now I'm sure you're all wondering how these relate to music theory, and I'm quite reluctant to tell you because it's almost more fun to let you guess. But I suppose I'll explain...this time. We were analyzing a chord with a bunch of A flats in it and Dr. Barata told us the story of when he got "a flat" (tire) in the desert outside of Las Vegas. The second came from analyzing a chord that had only two different pitches: Dr. Barata compared the occasional necessity of leaving out the third pitch to going on a camping trip and you can't fit the canoe in the car so you have to leave it behind. I know - randomness. But I laughed. I actually even wrote down the quotes so I'd have them to write in this blog. See how much effort I put into this?

But not tonight. I'm lazy, I'm tired, and I have a final tomorrow. So I'm off to go study. Riiiight.....study.

Cheers,
Josh

mood: a little bored...but also a little excited about tomorrow because I might get to go to dinner with Rosaile again tomorrow
music: I was planning on watching You've Got Mail (again), but I turned on the commentary and was so interested in it that I couldn't concentrate on the blog writing. I had to turn it off.
location: dorm

Family Guy Quote-of-the-Day
Stewie: [to a ticket agent] "I've got an army to raise and I must get to Nicaragua. I require a window seat and an in-flight happy meal, and no pickles! Oh, God help you if I find pickles!"


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?