Monday, March 14, 2005

Mentos Fresh and Full of Life

Do do do doooo do do......do waaaaahhhhh

Have you heard the song from the Mentos commercials? It's the MOST catchy song ever. Seriously...it's going to be stuck in your head for the next couple of hours.

So today saw the kickoff of winter finals '05. Oh the excitement! I got up at 8:00 to get some studying in for the basic circuits final at 10:00. I had not studied prior to this, and in retrospect I should have left more time to do so. But I was able to cover my bases pretty well in the ninety minutes I had to review, so the final went dandily. My only concern is that I'm going to forget what I crammed. Considering that this class is a foundation in my major, I should probably shoot to remember most of it. Oh well...I get to keep the book.

After the final I killed some time by walking down to the UU to sell back the textbooks I no longer want/need (there was only one...the electronics manufacturing textbook that I loathe). I further killed time by practicing piano for an hour or so, and by beating the fire temple in The Legend of Zelda. (I spent fifty bucks a couple of weeks ago on a Nintendo 64 and five games. I have sorely missed these games, and I'm quite satisfied with my investment. Such a nice way to use up time!)

At 3:00 I walked down to the business building to turn in the final assignments for speech. I ended up staying for an hour chatting with my teacher, who I'm actually going to miss. I highly recommend Erma Stauffer for any speech class.

I had planned to have dinner with Courtney, but our schedules wouldn't allow it. She was helping Casey and Jenn study chemistry, and I needed to help Rosalie study physics. So it goes. I do actually enjoy helping Rosalie study (she's taking the physics class that I took last quarter). It's a very good review, and they say that the highest level of understanding of a topic comes from teaching it to someone. So really, it's a win-win situation.

And that was today. See? Nice and short. This has taken me twelve minutes to type. I think I can afford that...

Staying fresh, staying cool,
Josh

mood: Quite good - I feel at peace. I am, however, quite sore from going to the gym a couple of days ago.
music: guitar playing from next door...24-hour quiet hours my foot...
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?