Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Systemic Anomaly

In keeping with tradition, this entry really should be titled "Spring Quarter Commences," but I'm having much more fun with the above reference to an amusing flash animation, so that's what we're going to go with.

So I'm back at school, and classes have started. Here's a look at my weekly schedule:

Monday
9:10-10:00 Calculus IV
10:10-11:00 Basic Circuits Analysis II Lecture
11:10-12:00 Digital Design Lecture
12:10-1:00 Linear Analysis
5:10-6:30 Wind Orchestra

Tuesday
9:10-10:00 Calculus IV
12:10-1:00 Linear Analysis
3:10-6:00 Basic Circuits Analysis II Lab

Wednesday
10:10-11:00 Basic Circuits Analysis II Lecture
11:10-12:00 Digital Design Lecture
12:10-1:00 Linear Analysis
5:10-6:30 Wind Orchestra

Thursday
9:10-10:00 Calculus IV
12:10-3:00 Digital Design Lab

Friday
9:10-10:00 Calculus IV
10:10-11:00 Basic Circuits Analysis II Lecture
11:10-12:00 Digital Design Lecture
12:10-1:00 Linear Analysis

I like the looks of this schedule very much more than last quarter's. I'm done with class by 1:00 three days out of the week, and by 3:00 another day. Tuesdays run a little late, but I don't have rehearsal and the morning is light. I have four lectures in a row on Monday and Friday, but this is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Because they don't start until 9:00, I'm not tired when I go to class and therefore I'm not counting the seconds until I can go home and take a nap. All in all, this quarter should feel a little less busy.

On the other hand, I am taking four classes that will most likely be assigning nightly homework, all of which will deal mostly with mathematical calculations. In addition, I'm not overly impressed with either of my math teachers (for calc or linear analysis). I'll probably have to throw in some reading out of the books to reinforce what I was supposed to learn in lecture. Now, I do enjoy math...but this much of it might just kill me. We'll see...I'm all caught up right now...

In other news, I've found housing for next year. Hooray! I had placed my name on the Cerro Vista (the on-campus apartments) waiting list, and over spring break they offered me a spot. After overcoming some technical difficulties in accessing my online application, I have printed and signed the housing agreement and am prepared to hand it in tomorrow along with the first payment. I'm so excited! The best part is that I still get to keep the same roommates with whom I originally applied. I figured that because I was on the waiting list that it was every man for himself, but it turns out they still keep groups together. So I'll probably end up living with one or two people I know, and one or two that I don't (three in total). I think it will be a good balance of meeting new people and not worrying all summer about whether my roommates will hate me. Whatever...the point is...I HAVE HOUSING!

And I think that's where I'm going to wrap up this entry. I could get into the details of my hours spent organizing all of the paperwork that had accumulated on my desk and of my trumpet practicing and of my conversations with Rosalie and of my dinner with Courtney and her friends from San Diego who are up here visiting, but I don't think that I'm going to. I'm pretty tired, and my bed is looking pretty darned comfy right about now. So good night...I'll talk to you all soon.

I created the matrix,
Josh

mood: exceptionally relieved that I now know where I'm living next year
music: some classical goodness emanating from Kevin's side of the room
location: my side of the room

Quoted Randomness
The following quotes are all old. I forgot to include them in my last entry, but they still deserve mention.

[referring to Courtney's mother]
"She's a perfectly decent woman...it's just that...you know...she's the antichrist."
--Michael Couper

[from a discussion concerning the reasons my car is under repair]
"Some rogue nation somewhere is using your plastic rearview mirror parts to build nuclear bombs."
--Jenna Santy

[standing in line for the Peter Pan ride at Disneyland]
"I want to hawk a loogie on Parliament. Maybe I'll hit Tony Blair."
--Joanna Bossi


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?