Monday, April 11, 2005

Firefox Debut

I woke up this morning to Kevin's alarm, as usual. I was amused rather than annoyed at the amount of times Kevin walked in and out of the room in the hour that we was getting ready to go to class. At 8:00 he walked out the door with backpack and all; I assumed he was off to class for good. A couple of minutes later, however, he burst through the door again. He took three steps into the room, pivoted 180 degrees, and walked back out the door. I couldn't figure out why he did this...maybe he forgot something? But he didn't even hesitate when he turned around and left again. I don't know...the whole episode was funny more than anything.

Class today was fine...fine meaning normal. My teachers still bug me slightly in their inability to help me understand the material fully. I was telling Alena yesterday that I'm pretty sure that the quality of the teachers is what makes a good college a good college. Sigh. I guess I'm in for a quarter of book learning.

In my break between class and windO, I drank a smoothie, took a nap, and finished my lab report for circuit analysis lab tomorrow. Oh the excitement.

WindO was okay. Did I mention that we're only playing two pieces for the entire quarter? Actually, the brass is playing a third piece without the woodwinds...and the trumpets are playing a fourth piece with the wind ensemble. But the woodwinds are going to be so bored. Sucks for them, I guess. J sent the woodwinds home about fifteen minutes early today so he could work with the brass on our piece...we played through about half of it before J stopped us. He asked how many people had practiced it over the weekend and only one person raised his hand, so J threw a little tantrum and sent us all home. Golly gee...I feel so bad about not practicing. Cough. (I actually played very well today, which makes sense considering playing trumpet was pretty much my only activity of interest over the weekend.)

After windO I met up with Courtney and helped her and Brian take all the pictures off of the bulletin boards in the band room. It was a job that KKY needed to have done for some reason; I figured it wouldn't hurt my chances of getting in to the fraternity next year if I helped out. So I did. Anywho, Courtney and I went to Light House afterwards to catch up with Rosalie, Heather, Scott, Ted, and Betsy. Outside of Light House, though, we ran into a whole group of MB people, who all went in with us. The bunch of us all ended up at one long table, and I found it very amusing to play connect the dots with the relationships at the table. You know...Scott to Rosalie to me to Courtney to Jenn to Sandra. Hooray for separated groups of friends.

I've spent the rest of my night beating myself over the head with partial derivatives and gradients, which I thoroughly hope we're not through with yet in lecture because I have not yet come to fully understand them. Oh well...I've got numbers on the page for each of my homework problems...

For now, I think I'll go to bed. It's early enough where I might get up earlier than usual to get a head start on tomorrow's homework. Maybe.

Forever free of spyware,
Josh

PS - Kevin talked me into switching to the Firefox web browser today. It's pretty dang fancy...hopefully my computer will be more secure now. I do have one question: I used to be able to hit ctrl+u to underline text in Internet Explorer, but apparently in Firefox that's a keyboard shortcut that shows me the source code to the webpage I'm currently at. Does anybody know how to turn off that shortcut or override it or something? Because that's the only way I know how to underline stuff in this blog.

mood: decent
music: the overture to West Side Story by Bernstein
location: dorm

Quoted Randomness:
[not intended to be funny...just insightful]
"You don't have to love the sin, but love the sinner."
--Jenna Santy

"When taking measurements, never touch the circuit with your fingers, elbow, or tongue."
--circuit analysis lab manual excerpt


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?