Tuesday, April 19, 2005

George is Better than YOU!

Well I had quite the busy weekend. I got up bright and early on Saturday to make it down to the band room by 8:15. The open house parade started around 9:00...the Mustang Band had had three rehearsals prior to the parade but somehow we never got around to practicing the rolloff and...well...we managed to fall apart before we even started playing. Now most bands would be in a panic right about then, but we - of course - found it hilarious. Hooray. The rest of the morning was tons of fun: lots of music and dancing and even a free Krispy Kreme donut. I miss marching band so much!

The rest of the weekend was spent on WSS. Five performance between Thursday and Sunday. The last two went really well; I was actually quite proud of us. Both Saturday and Sunday's performances were standing room only, too. So exciting! All in all, it was quite an experience, and I enjoyed it immensely. Plus, I'm $300 richer now. Fo rizzle.

Courtney was also very busy this weekend. I don't remember if I mentioned this earlier, but KKY hosted a festival/concert thing where a bunch of high school musicians came up here for the weekend, had a bunch of rehearsals, and gave a performance. So, needless to say, Courtney had all sorts of things she needed to do, which I guess worked out pretty well because I spent the majority of the weekend in Atascadero. We did find time, however, to be together after all of her/my stuff had ended...usually at about 11:00. I was actually kind of proud of myself because I stayed up until 3:00 three nights in a row, including on a school night with class at nine the next day. Haha! I feel like such a college student! See? I live life on occasion...

Not much else to report...I called the lady at Dioptics to see about the job. She said she hadn't gotten around to sorting through the resumes she had received, but since I was already on the phone she dug mine out and asked me a few questions. I figure that'll give me an edge. Anyway, the job seems like something that I might enjoy...basically taking and entering customer orders. I know...not overly glamorous or fulfilling...but doable. I was disappointed to find out that they aren't open on weekends which is when I have the bulk of my free time...but if I do get the job I can rearrange my homework schedule to do as much of it as I can on Saturday and Sunday so I have more free time during the week. Whatever...if it's meant to be then I'm sure I'll get the job.

And yeah. That's it. I guess I'll also mention that Courtney and I have been dating for a month today...so that makes me happy.

For now, I'm going to bed so I can get up earlier than usual to go to the gym.

Funky Chicken!
Josh

mood: nothing specific
music: Win Ben Stein's Money is on in the background
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?