Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Infinity (or somewhere in the vicinity)

Yeah, so I've got three midterms on Friday. But am I studying? No, of course not! Gah...I really should be, but I really really don't want to right now. I've been doing better in my math classes and I've pretty much understood digital design from the beginning, so I think I'm pretty well set. I'll have lots of time tomorrow to study as well, so I should be good. This is the beauty of my math-based classes. Instead of learning a ton of facts, I learn a few concepts/methods that I spend a lot of time practicing. Thus, the stuff I've done this quarter is firmly etched into my memory and I don't have to worry so much about cramming. All I need to do is look over my notes and review a few different types of problems, and I'm covered for anything that could be on the test. This is quite different from, say, biology majors. I could never stuff that much info into my head and expect to remember it all...I have a great respect for the people who excel in fields like that.

Hmmm...what else is new? Oh! I went to the gym today. I haven't been in a while...I know I haven't been since WSS started. When I have gone in the last few months, I've done stuff like run or bike...not so much of lifting weights. But, as we've discovered is stronger than me, I've decided that I can stand to bulk up a little. So I went today in my break between class and windO. Holy cow! I really haven't been to the gym in a while! I'm going to be so sore tomorrow. Although, that's probably more because I pushed myself harder this time than I have in the past. The reason behind this was that I spent March through August going to the gym two out of every three days and didn't really accomplish anything, and I figure it's because I didn't work hard enough in the time that I did spend lifting weights. So if I'm going to take the time to go to the gym again, I darn well better get something done. And I'm pretty sure I accomplished something today. It'll suck tomorrow, but I'll reap my rewards the day after that! Hahaha!

In other news, a farmer in our area was found to have taken two small wooden figurines out into a rice field and to have savagely beaten them. Police said it was the first case of a knick knack patty whack seen in SLO county in over ten years. Da doom chhhhh!

In other actual news, I have this business meeting dealy to go to tomorrow morning. I received a call from Keith with some "Southwestern" program; apparently they help students find internships...I don't know for sure because he didn't have time to explain it to me fully over the phone. But tomorrow is an info session. I'm supposed to dress in "casual business attire" and bring my resume...it's kind of scary, but also kind of exciting! It'd be pretty awesome if I found some job at home for the summer that would actually get me started down my career path. We'll see...

Okay...if I want my eight hours I'd better start getting ready for bed. I shall talk to you all soon.

The limit of the negative natural logarithm of x as x approaches zero,
Josh

mood: fine
music: John Kander's "New York, New York"
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?