Saturday, April 02, 2005

Practical Jokes

Welcome to the new and improved Living the SLO Life. You have no idea how long it took me to change the color scheme from orange to green. Every single text field, background, and border line has a different number in the coding that needed to be changed to achieve my goal...and it took forEVER. But it is finished, and I'm mostly content with it. I can't figure out how to change the archives; they're all still orange. I'm hoping that April's archive will be in the new colors, but we won't find out until after I post this entry. Regardless, I like what I did...so hooray.

This week has gone well. Although I'm still not confident in my math teachers' ability to convey the material, I have come to understand the stuff through the textbook...so I guess I'm feeling a little better about that. I'm also finished with most of my homework, and I'm pretty sure this will be the case for most weekends. My classes are such that homework is assigned frequently enough and is therefore done mostly during the week. I have no long-term projects or anything, so my weekends are left open.

That said, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do this weekend. Courtney is in Tucson for the KKY western district convention...so boohoo for that. But I'm happy for her, because she adores KKY and I know she'll have an unbelievable time. She's actually got me thinking about joining KKY...not because she's been trying to talk me into it or anything, but just because I see that she always has so much fun at everything the band fraternity does. And the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of joining. KKY's purpose is to promote the band (from what I understand, at least) and band is just about the only thing I've found here that I have a passion for. Cal Poly's chapter also seems to be very well organized...apparently they recently won an award for leadership that was only presented to eleven other chapters around the country. The western district of KKY is also completely dry, another thing that appeals to me. So...yeah. It's on my mind, which is a good place for it for now. Come next fall, I can decide to try to join if I receive an invitation. So we'll see.

Wow, that was a tangent. Oh well. Stream of consciousness, right? I don't really feel like summarizing the past few days, so I'm not going to. Instead, I'll just give you a couple of highlights.

--I was crapped upon by a bird...I think. I was walking by the administration building to deliver my housing payment for next year when I felt something hit my head. My initial thought was that the wind had blown some tree particles off of a tree, but when I looked down I saw a whole lot of bird poop around me on the ground. I ran my fingers through my hair and could find nothing...so I don't really know what happens. Regardless, being pooped on is not a good feeling. You walk around for the rest of the day wondering what it is you did to piss off the birds. Oh well. I've showered...it's fine.

--In celebration of April Fool's Day, someone found it amusing to completely deflate the tires on my bike. Now I don't ride my bike to class anymore, but of course today was the one day out of the last couple of weeks that I was late enough to class to warrant riding my bike there. Sigh. I ended up having to walk quickly down to building 38, arriving a couple of minutes late. Danielle (who lives on my floor) had a air pump that she let me borrow upon my return to Yosemite...so all is well again. But curse the man who deflated my tires!

And that's it. I think it's high time to go to bed, so I'm going to hit the hay.

April fools,
Josh

mood: a little contemplative, a little relaxed, and a little missing Courtney
music: "This Ol' House" by The Brian Setzer Orchestra
location: alone in my room (Kevin's gone this weekend)

PS - To kick off my weekend of killing time, I created a quiz of random facts about myself. Feel free to take it here. (I'd like to point out that I did spend an hour playing Super Smash Brothers with Danielle and Danny from my tower, and I spent another ninety minutes playing racquetball with Danielle. See? I'm not completely antisocial when Courtney isn't around...)


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?