Saturday, April 16, 2005

Spoonful of Sugar

I carried through with my resolution! I found a bunch of piano teachers in the area and called some of them, and I went to the career center to find a job. It turns out that there are plenty of employment opportunities in the area, so I picked one that I thought sounded good and I applied! It's a "data entry" position at this company called Dioptics that makes sunglasses...they want 8-16 hours a week, and they're flexible with their schedule. And they're paying nine bucks an hour! I was astounded that there are so many jobs around here for so much more than minimum wage. Hooray! I haven't heard back from the people yet, so keep your fingers crossed...

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know that I meant what I said in the last entry. I have had a wonderful past couple of days because I've taken initiative to live my own life (as cliche as that sounds). I searched out stuff to occupy my time; I haven't felt this productive in a very long time. So, for at least a couple of days, life is good.

For now, I must go to bed. Tomorrow is the open house parade, then WSS matinee, then an evening show. That's right...another trumpetalicious weekend. But that's okay, cuz I'm having fun with all of it. Plus, I'm getting paid on Sunday! Woot!

Good night, and sleep well.

I took my medicine,
Josh

mood: content
music: "L-O-V-E" by Nat King Cole
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?