Sunday, April 03, 2005

Spring Forward

I slept in quite late this morning, which was wonderful. When Kevin is home he almost always sets his alarm for 9:00 or so and then turns on his computer and puts on a CD (without headphones), but as he's out of town this weekend it was a nice change to sleep in as late as I darn well pleased. I was also very excited that I remembered to shut off his alarm, because whenever he doesn't sleep in our room he always leaves his alarm on and it always goes off at some horribly early time, and yet I never remember to shut it off before I go to bed. But not this time! Ha! So the point is, I'm up late because I had a good night's sleep.

However, we lose an hour to daylight savings tonight, and as such it would be best for me to get to bed pretty soon so I can get up for church. I'll give you a brief rundown of the day's events.

I woke up and spent some time tweaking my blog a little more. From there I went to the gym for a while. As I had absolutely nothing scheduled today, I took my sweet time doing everything; as a result it was almost 1:00 before I was dressed and ready to go to Light House for breakfast. (Yes, I said breakfast. I had cereal and eggs and cream of wheat and a part of a waffle and an english muffin...what can you call that meal other than breakfast?) I played some video games back at my room while digesting my meal, and then it was off to the music building to spend a couple of hours practicing trumpet (West Side Story, of course) and a little piano. While I was there, Nate called and invited me to go with them to Firestone Grill for dinner. So, at 7:00 I met him, Ben, Jenn, and Sandra and it was off to downtown SLO.

When we returned, I waited patiently for Ben and Nate to accomplish whatever they said they needed to accomplish in World of Warcraft. We then watched Monty Python's The Meaning of Life. I understand why people say Monty Python is an acquired taste...everyone in the room was in stitches while I stared blankly at the screen. I can see where it might be funny to some, but I was only mildly entertained. Oh well. I was very thankful that I was able to avoid spending the entire day completely by myself.

As for tomorrow, I've got church, brunch, a little homework, maybe racquetball, and maybe some shopping/planning for someone's upcoming birthday. I think it shall be a glorious day. But for now...I'm off to bed. Good night.

Losing an hour,
Josh

mood: relaxed after my leisurely day
music: "All Glory Told" composed by James Swearingen
location: dorm, again by myself.

PS - I forgot to mention that I wore my Hawaiian shirt today for the first time in at least a year. I couldn't decide if I looked like a dork in the shirt or not, but it was such a nice day out that I couldn't resist. So hooray. Hawaiian shirts make me happy :-)


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?