Monday, May 23, 2005

Old Spice

Hi de ho, everybody. I'm back from quite the weekend. I did all sorts of fun stuff and didn't do all sorts of homework (the advantage of having three midterms on one day), so woot. I think I'll go back to Stacie's patented bullet format for this entry...

--Took Heather to her dance class off of South Higuera, as I do every Friday. This time, though, I decided to go to Owen's Music Shop to browse the piano sheet music. I ended up buying a huge book of Joplin rags, and the music for "Clair de Lune."

--Brass ensemble concert on Friday night, which was held at St. Timothy's Catholic Church up in Morro Bay. Every group that played was pretty awesome (minus a trumpet player who was required to play a tad bit too much at once and started to...erm...not play so well towards the end. But hey...we've all been there). My favorite was the trombone choir's rendition of "When I'm Sixty-Four," which is always a classic. So that was fun.

--Late morning on Saturday, only starting around ten when Courtney called to see if I wanted to go to breakfast. So I showered and it was off to Light House for some cheese eggs and "little smokies."

--Trip to Rite Aid for some deodorant and shaving supplies. Jenn and Courtney came along, which added quite a bit of variety to the trip. I can't remember ever having stood for so long in the feminine hygiene aisle...

--Baseball Game: UC Riverside vs. Cal Poly. My step-brother Drew was playing third base for the Highlanders; he hit a double (I think...I can't quite recall) that advanced the runner ahead of him to third so that he could eventually score. Courtney, Brian, and I left after the seventh inning stretch, at which point UCR was up four to zip. I'm going to have to go to more baseball games in the future. It's free, and we actually have a nice stadium (despite it only being able to contain a few hundred people or so).

--Horn party on Saturday night. Eight of us showed up at Krysta's house for some carnitas and margaritas. (I personally had half of a strawberry margarita...so hooray for the running gag of "gee, Josh, did you wake up with a hangover?") We also watched American Wedding...which wasn't the best of movies, but it had its moments. I enjoyed this party (or I guess "small gathering" would be a better way to describe it) much more than the chop party, probably because this party had a purpose other than to get totally smashed.

--Church Sunday, then breakfast with Courtney at Light House (where I found some sort of insect in my cheese).

--Trumpet sectional at 5:00 that evening, which went a little over an hour.

--Family Guy being preempted by Star Wars: Episode II on Sunday night. Grumble grumble. I can't catch it next week, either, because Fox is airing some Nascar thingy. So no Family Guy for two more weeks. Sigh. Oh how I miss the hilarity.

--I got my calculus and circuit analysis midterms back today, and it turns out that I did considerably well on both. I was actually pretty worried about circuit analysis; I forgot to divide by 2a when using the quadratic formula (which I've been using for how long? Oh, that's right...seventh grade!) but I luckily caught the mistake and changed my answer accordingly. (I did not, however, have time to change all of my work, so I wrote Dr. Zhang a note that explained why the answer I got didn't match the work that I did to get the answer.) I also didn't have time to finish the last part of the last problem. Oh well...it all worked out.

--Courtney and I had a chat today that resolved some issues that arose over past week. These issues relate back to the minor religious confusion of sorts that I've been experiencing recently. So yeah, Courtney and I went through an awkward part of our relationship this weekend, but after having come out if it it really was for the better. Courtney and I are good again, and I'm feeling a lot more confident with my religious/moral beliefs. And this is good.

And that's about all there is to discuss. As always, I think I'll go to bed now. But thanks for reading.

Fo rizzle,
Josh

Quoted Randomness:
[referring to the physical appearance of a girl at the next table
"She's Barbie, in a physiological do-able sense."
--Jenn Tan

"My armpits smell like mangos!"
--Jenn Tan


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?