Saturday, May 07, 2005

Phunque

It's pronounced "funk."

This week worked out such that I had time to write the day after I posted the last entry (at a time when not much had happened) and I had no time to write later (when I actually had stuff about which to write). Oh well...but what could I do? I would gladly take having stuff about which to write and no time to write it than the other way around. It's interesting, though...I'm often thinking about what I plan to write in my next post here. Whenever something of interest happens, I store it in memory (RAM) so that I'll remember to tell you all about it. I was thinking about this process, though, and it occurred to me that when I go a few days without writing and then come back to summarize, the emotions that I was felt at the time the events occurred are so much stronger than what I feel about them now, days later. Hmmm...well, there's not much I can do about that. So just keep in mind that when I'm writing about, say, the musician's ball, the entry that would be written an hour following the event would be very much different from the entry that would be written the next day.

Anywho, I've had a pretty darned good few days. I've been quite successful in getting people to donate to the American Cancer Society. I've raised over two hundred dollars since Wednesday! I've gone to five of my teachers' (both past and present) office hours, and four of them have given me money. I feel pretty bad about asking them to donate, though. You know...nobody really likes telemarketers or those people who badger you outside of grocery stores to donate, and I feel bad about barging in on my professors' office hours to harass them. But I've made it a point to make them feel like they could say no to me without a problem. Plus, this is a good cause, and as long as I'm not in there next week asking them to donate again then I don't really feel all that guilty. All that aside, I really have enjoyed raising money for ACS. There are so many people who are so darned inconsiderate and who drive me absolutely insane...it has been really wonderful to find that so many people are so giving. I truly did not expect the response that I've received. I know, it's probably not an entirely significant occurrence, but it has given me some more confidence in the human race (if that doesn't sound too ridiculous). So hooray.

While we're on the topic: many thanks to both my mom and to Jenna, who both donated to the cause.

----------------

Okay...Courtney just called to see if I wanted to go to lunch with her, so I'm going to go do that. I shall finish this post at some time in the near future.

To be continued,
Josh

mood: a little "eh" cuz I've been sitting at my desk for too long
music: none
location: dorm


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?