Sunday, July 24, 2005

Blast from the Past

I don't have too much to write about, as I haven't had a day off from work since the last time I wrote. But a couple of noteworthy things happened today, so here we go.

First, some of my family from my mom's side came down to visit today (specifically, my Aunt Rebecca and my cousins Colin, Austin, and Erin). I hadn't seen them in quite a few years, so that was kind of cool. Not much else to say about that...

I also went to the gym today. There, I ran into my favorite teacher of all time: Mrs. Evans, who taught me humanities in seventh grade. I've kept in touch with her pretty regularly as far as past teachers go, but I haven't seen her in several months. So I chatted with her for a few minutes, and that was awesome.

I started work at five, and while at work I came across another two people whom I haven't seen in years. The first was my third grade teacher, Mrs. Brown. I didn't really have time to talk to her too much, as I was checking people out at the time. But still, that's one more person from my past. The second person I ran into was much more interesting of an encounter. His name is Casey Gallagher. He didn't remember me, but I remembered him. How? He used to bully me in first and second grade. I haven't seen him since he was promoted from elementary school...but I still remember him. It's funny though. Parents always tell you that the people who beat you up when you were little are the people who eventually grow up to commit crimes and fill our prisons and such. But Casey certainly didn't seem like a bad person. On the contrary: he was very polite to me. So that made me feel pretty good. Kids are brats when they're little. But seeing Casey today kind of put my ancient feelings about him to rest. Water under the bridge, right? Right.

And that was about it. I know...nothing too spectacular. But I had to share these encounters just because they all happened on the same day. Weird huh? When it rains, it pours.

It's in the comedy section,
Josh

mood: tired from standing up at work
music: Friends in the background
location: Mom's house

Quoted Randomness:
"I am the customer service department."
--Courtney von Bergen


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?